About Me

My photo
Words can help us grow, Like horse piss help trees. (Wonderfully btw)

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

An Intellectual Conversation

I think that it's now somewhat a hobby of my older sister and i, we would sit and talk about our opinions on morals and values of each other, the family and the society.
We would talk about family issues, friends, upbringing and how it affected us.
Most of the time the topic is our upbringing. Where our parents went wrong and how we followed.
She's a lawyer, i'm a business student. We both have different perspective of things. It is within conversations like these gave us an opportunity to compare/dissect/analyze the situation from both points of view. Being a lawyer had sort of enhanced her analytical skills which is pretty much the only thing that makes the conversation educational.
In my perspective, i took part in these conversations for my personal quest to become a better person, a better man.
I have been setting my own standards for everything. Some time ago, i set a standard on my own upbringing and in my opinion, my actual upbringing is below my own standards.

That's how this personal quest of mine began. I decided to bring myself up and become a better person. Become more than i am now and live life to its' ultimate fullest.

2 comments:

Leopard Sushi said...

I believe parents are only human, and as such, humanly flawed. But it remains an inevitable profound fact that without them, you would never have been. And without them slaving their lives, you would never have lived, nor fed to be who you are today.

Theory of relativity... whatever was, makes who you are today. Until we live our daily life slaving for our kids, I suppose we can never really say...

NeoWakko said...

I suppose there's alot more truth in your comment than my blog.
Comment appreciated.
Do check my blogs once in awhile.