About Me

My photo
Words can help us grow, Like horse piss help trees. (Wonderfully btw)

Sunday, July 18, 2004

Graveyard

"Last month my maid's husband passed away.
Seeing a man go can be troubling. I still see it sometimes.
Him. Struggling. Then he hugged his wife. I thought it was a random hug. Turns out that it was his last seconds in this world. And he spent those precious seconds hugging his wife.
It was heart attack by the way. Although alot could've been done to prevent it.
Irresponsible people in the house.
Alot of them.
And because of that i lost a man who was more like a father to me than my own father. Hell, i was more prepared for my father to go. He was healthy and fit. What is the world coming to. Healthy people die sudden deaths and the unhealthy live on worrying about their unhealthy condition. "he's so healthy! he's gone! am i next??"
 
I saw a man die. I was there the moment his soul was freed from his body. The moment his heart stopped beating. I saw a dying man struggle to hold on to his life and failed. He had no energy. His only source of energy was from the pain he was feeling. Enough to make him gasp for breath.
And then he left."  
 
                                             -Layodante, 27th November, 2003.
 
I went to visit his grave today.
Funny thing about graveyards. It somehow gives me a sense of peace, and reminds me to be practical, to grow, to live. It's a sort of reference for living. It reminds you that no matter how rich or how successful i'll ever be, i'll end up here, like the rest of them, 6 feet under.
That's when i noticed a few graves that did not even have a name. It's just a marked area on the ground. Apparently, they are the graves of immigrants from a neighboring country. They came here to work and died here, without any relatives to take care of their graves and decorate it, let alone label it.
Is that what happens to people who pass away overseas?
A lonely grave that will probably remain like so for ages.
What a sad end.
 
Walking back to my car, i overheard someone asking the caretaker when he's leaving. He said not yet, there's still work to do. A little girl passed away.
 
 

No comments: