About Me

My photo
Words can help us grow, Like horse piss help trees. (Wonderfully btw)

Sunday, July 11, 2004

Driving Ms. Dew

Started the day with some cd-burning and car cleaning. Watched my parents clean the fish pond sometime in between. Fishes grow so fast and so big, space is running out in that pond. So we eat them.

By late afternoon, i was on my way to meet up with Dew. It was strange, she looked so differnt. It's funny how i actually expected to see her looking as how she was when she left 2 years ago. She looked more european, older and spoke with an accent. I have to replay what she said in my head about twice to understand sometimes.

I am currently under the impression that people in the UK drive on highways like we drive in school areas. Driving her was worse than driving my mother.
1. Must have both hands on the steering wheel.
2. Must signal before changing lanes.
3. Must always have eyes on the road.
4. Must not get within 3 meters of the car in front.

1. I drive an auto (trying to change the gearbox to a manual). I'm used to having one hand on the wheel and the other on the gear. Now all i do with my left hand is switching it between "N" and "D". I drive at speed that is maneuverable with one hand.
2. Who signals to change lanes anyway? Only those who take 5 seconds or more to go from one lane to the other. I think i made it obvious enough to other drivers when i'm changing lanes. The only time i use the signal is in roundabouts - they need to know wether or not i'm going out of the circle. The ones who don't signal in roundabouts are troublesome and dangerous.
3. I'm still not over the fact i got a new cd-player. Still playing around with it, getting to know the new piece of equipment in the car. It's still beautiful. Sometimes i look at her, just teasing, cause the road was empty.
4. An exaggeration. I think she wanted me to stay about 2 meters behind the car ahead. Normally i'd drive up to 2/3 of a meter, or 3/4. But if she didn't shut up....1/4...

Went around and took her to the malls that opened up after she left. She's still the same, this time, it was me that had changed.

No comments: