About Me

My photo
Words can help us grow, Like horse piss help trees. (Wonderfully btw)

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Flonne...

Flonne came back from where Erna is leaving to.
I havent seen her for about a year or so.
 
Flonne.
A girl i have mixed feelings for.
 
We were classmates. We went for the entrance exam together.
She was pure at mind, pure at heart. But this was a long time ago.
 
When she joined our class, we made fun of her purity. Of her naiveness, come to think of it, it was a horrible thing to do. We tried to corrupt her for our own entertainment. No one seemed to notice it, because everyone was doing it.
I was too lazy to get involved, at that time, i was still trying to accept the fact that i was stuck in a school full of retards.
 
The rest is pretty much an assumption, but it did not come from nowhere.
 I think at one point of time, her overprotective parents got on her nerves. She began to rebel against them. Knowing my classmates, i'm sure that at one point of time she was very lonely. We didn't help her one bit.
She ended up making friends from outside school. We don't put up with her naiveness because we wern't trying to get in her pants. Those guys outside school however, are different. Very different.
 
She began clubbing often and we notice it. We see her getting worse everyday. And what did we do? We left her alone. She's turned "rotten" if we get to close to her, we'll turn "rotten" to - was the mentality of my classmates.
I saw it happening. Step by step. By the time i decided to play a part in it, she stopped listening to me. I couldn't get through to her.  It got worse, the girls in the class started bitching about her behind her back, and the guys treated her with disrespect, thus lowering her self value.
I tried afew times, to help her, i slipped hints and advises in nearly everything i say since a direct approach would destroy any chance i had.
 
Serraph and I saw it coming. We anticipated everything and did nothing. We couldn't or didn't know what to do.
Next thing i knew, rumours went around about her sleeping around. That killed us.
She left the country sometime later. In a way, it was good for us. We needed that break.
 
Last year, she came back for a visit. She worked and saved up enough money to buy a ticket to fly here. She ran away from home. All the way here. I thought it was a bold move and in a way, respected her for being able to do so. Although i'm highly against it.
When she came back, to me, it was my second chance. Or an opportunity to try and justify what i did wrong before. She still hung with the wrong crowd, dated the wrong guys and so on. But i could talk to her about things. I tried to help her out as much as i could, even up to negotiating with her mother.
If she ever wondered why i was willing to do so much, it's because of guilt, sympathy and somehow i do wish for her to have a good future.
(Even thought of a business idea that could've saved all of us, but had to put it on hold)
 
I'm not sure when or how it happened, but one day i suspected that i had fallen for her.
I couldn't do anything about it since Serraph..........well....... that's another story, but i'm sure you get the idea.
 
I remember the conversation we had which led to her bringing up stories of "first times".
She said that her first time, he sort of forced himself on her.
And that, disturbed me for days.
That's when my brain sort of worked extra hard and i came up with the assumption of how she became like so.
 
Come to think of it, i think i really did fall for her at one point of time.
But it's been a year. I might see her tomorrow. I wonder what it would be like.
 

No comments: