About Me

My photo
Words can help us grow, Like horse piss help trees. (Wonderfully btw)

Saturday, July 10, 2004

A girl, some nice music and dinner.

A friend came back from the UK and contacted me.
A new CD-Player for my car.
A now-family friend had dinner with us and lasted hours.

No, it wasn't a date.

It was about a girl who left the country 2 years ago. Someone i fell for but was a year too late. A whole year. I was in a new relationship when i should've made a move on her. But decided not to. For commitment or some shit like that. A year later, she was with another, and i was with no one. For a long time we kept in touch by emails, couldn't wait to see each other again and all, but i think about a week before she came here, she found someone. And i don't intend on getting in between that. I call her Dew.

I've finally managed to convince my father to get me a cd player for the car. Radio drives me nuts. The world is apparently hooked on hip hop and r&b, which seems to always be talking about sex, money and getting cheated on. A certain Serraph told me, "Your charisma can get you far, girls want to get to know you, guys obey your commands, but it has absolutely no effect at all on your father." And it's true. I had to use the crowd of family members (including first cousins) to get him onto the topic and out of the house - into the accessory shop. It's beautiful at night, sounds amazing and that's all i need.

A family conversation over dinner exploded into talks of plans for a future business empire. It's funny how they, at that age, they talk about business like i talk about videogames. I guess this is what they meant by "taking life easy". Sure, making money is important. Make the wrong moves and you'll suffer along with those you are responsible for. But trying too hard may not help at all. It's a challenge. It's all in the head. A game for everyone that anyone can join. Winning doesn't really end the game, but losing might.

1 comment:

iamCcy said...

hello buddy