About Me

My photo
Words can help us grow, Like horse piss help trees. (Wonderfully btw)

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Lifetime-line~

How do people keep track of their lives?
How do you keep track of your life?
Some go through photo albums or videos.

"A picture paints a thousand words"

Yes, but a thousand words of a moment. Just one moment. A flash. Milliseconds of your life.
A millisecond of your life takes a thousand words to describe.

I found an old journal of mine. A tiny black and green notebook that i used to let everything out on. It used to hold a picture of someone. Supposed to hold a picture of another.
The last thing i wrote in that notebook:

"You see, the mind is like a river. It grows long, it goes deep. The deepest part of the river is the strongest foundation of our minds. Since this is the early part of the river, it is the early part of our lives - a child's foundations.
Now this river, as it gets longer, changes the direction it flows through - the path of the growing mind.
When i think, my thoughts spread finding the answer. The problem is, my thoughts - the water held by the river, spreads too much and reached too far by force that it seeps through the soil and dissappears - collapsed by the plains of my own mind.
What i need to do is focus. Collect my thoughts together and form a powerful flow towards the answer"

Reading that book takes me back to the days~
It made me think of the things i would change should i was given a second chance.

"The most painful lesson i have learnt so far - Life itself goes on"
-NeoWakko. 13th of May, 2001.

It's been three years?
Three years since i first placed a piece of my mind in that book.
Alot can happen in three years. Three years can bringabout uncountable amount of changes.

If i have one wish, I wish i was 5 years old with my current mind intact.
(And the ability to control time. Slow it down, speed it up, etc. But that's not the point....)

I'm sure most of you have at one point of time wished for a second chance at life. I'm sure you would love to be 5 years old again with your current mind intact. Do things you should've done before.

If you're reading this, you must have made that sort of wishes before.

I had a dream when i was 5. I was a curious little boy. So curious i kept on wondering what it would be like when i grow up.
So curious it doesn't leave my head. I think and think and think about it.
One day, i fell asleep and dreamt all this.
Dreamt so fast that time itself slows down for me thus making this life seems longer.
The dream feels to be going by normal time, but in real life, it's just flashing by.
Here i am, typing away things about my life.
Hoping that my 5 year old self is dreaming it all up.
Hopefully he'll wake up soon and remember everything.

Life was great when i was 5. Answers to my questions come to my head. They come out of nowhere.
I'm almost convinced that i was smarter at 5 than i am now.

To my 5 year old self. I would like to say that i haven't forgotten you. I know you, and i know that i am almost completely different from you. I wish i was you and i wish i was in your position. I envy you, i respect you.

If everything is a dream, if i am just a character in your dream, I know you won't have the heart to wake up.
You've seen me grow for 14 of my years. I can understand that.
But please do consider my part.
Should all this be your dream, should you wake up and make my whole existence disappear, well i think that now is an excellent time to wake up.

Wake up.
Wake up.
Wake up.

And live your life in ways i should have.

Nite.

1 comment:

MidlifeCrisisDolmat said...

I used to have a written journal when I was younger (this was before I found out about having online journals). I have no idea where that little book went.

And I think my five year old self is rather disappointed at how I turned out. He'd always wanted me to be a scientist...Ahahahhahaha...:p