About Me

My photo
Words can help us grow, Like horse piss help trees. (Wonderfully btw)

Monday, September 13, 2004

Freya

This is a post that's slightly behind schedule. This post was supposed to be up 48 hours ago. I didn't know how to write it out so it took 48 hours to think it through. Not like 48 hours made any difference though.

Freya left the country 2 days ago. For good. Like Erna.
I'm okay with it. For now. The thought of it hasn't struck me yet. It still feels like i'm going to see her this friday.
Things will definitely change. The weekend group will be different. It might even be gone.
Sad.
This year is full of changes. Erna and Freyja gone.

I've known Freyja since 2000. We've been close since 2001.
I forsee myself writing another entry about her when the reality of it all kicks in.
Right now i can't even decide between writing about how she was when she was here or writing about how big the gap she left in us.
Maybe the first one. Cause the gap she left is huge.

Freyja saved me from alot of trouble. Trouble that i brought upon myself. She's my walking dictionary. She's in denial about her race so we like to poke fun at that.
Freyja's always there for me. To make me realise what a stupid thing i've done and our conversations normally go to a debate, questions... and an "oh crap" from me.
Debate.
Debating is one of the best ways i learn something.
Freyja's one of the best debater.
Argh it's slowly gettin into my head.
I can feel a gap half existing, becoming more real the more i think about it.

She's not really gone though. There's always the internet.
Still...

1 comment:

MidlifeCrisisDolmat said...

You know, it's difficult knowing someone's leaving the country for good. True, there is the internet. But she won't be there on Fridays anymore, I suppose.

At your age, you'll experience a lot of friends leaving to make their mark on the world. I've been through that a few years ago. Sometimes you'll have the pleasure of rekindling that friendship. Sometimes you don't.

The moral is to appreciate your friends while you still can afford to spend time with them.

Don't quote me on that, though. Sometimes I don't even follow my own advice.