About Me

My photo
Words can help us grow, Like horse piss help trees. (Wonderfully btw)

Friday, June 03, 2005

No one speaks it these days~

Honour. Honour among friends. Honour among comrades. Honour among thieves.
Codes. Rules. Restrictions.
That we must obey and live by, or there will be chaos.

But no one does that anymore.
We've all become too self centered for it.
Thus, we live in chaos.

A billion people, a billion perspective. A billion "truths".
When one keeps ones' own intentions pure, his heart filled and his mind wise,
Only then will one sees the truth of truths.

No one does that anymore. We follow like sheeps.
We cloud our own eyes from the truth.
We see good from bad, but not good from best.

When one makes an attempt to relive long lost gems of self-sacrificing values like those in the past, one is labelled "weird", "strange", "foolish".
Because it is against the norm.
If the norm had lost faith in the golden values.
Then the norm is wrong.

The society is a group of followers.
"No one is that nice. No one that nice can survive. If the world is corrupted what can we do? We go with the flow"
Follow this, follow that.
Without something to follow we would be lost?

No. With nothing to follow, we would be labeled as "lost".

Has anybody ever sacrificed for a greater cause?
Have we ever fought to protect something precious?
Is peace spoiling us rotten?

I'm a gamer.
I'm a dreamer.
I'm a philosophy enthusiast.
There was a time where we lived with honour. We believed in the sacrifice for a greater cause. We had to defend our loved ones with our lives.
Then there's now.

Because of those 3 things i claim to be, i still have one foot in that world.
And the other, here.

But where is all this leading to?
What's the point of this entry?
Am i trying to change somthing?
If any of my entries could help somebody. Then it's worth it.

This is my journey.
My quest.

And many thanks to Shahriman for stirring this issue up.

4 comments:

Ana D. said...

It is not too late. One person at a time, we can change things. Perhaps not within our lifetimes but if you truly believe in doing something for the greater cause, then something as simple as starting with yourself should make sense? I truly believe in the concept of pay-it-forward and everyday I try living my life in payment to the debt of kindness that was given to me. Okay, I'll stop here. This is making me such a goody-two-shoe that even I'm beginning to choke. :P

MidlifeCrisisDolmat said...

That's what I'm talking about right there. Thankfully, at least you got the gist of what I was trying to say.

Chivalry isn't dead after all.

NeoWakko said...

Aha!
Chivalry.

That's the word i was looking for.

Miss Aida said...

There's always the question, can an individual change society, when it is society that changes the individual? It's a difficult balance, that feeling of wanting to do more for the world, and feeling like by being yourself, you are doing the best you can. As you said, where is all this leading to?